IAL supports the General Insurance Code of Practice, which sets out the standards you can expect from your insurance company.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE CODE ARE
- to commit insurers to high standards of service,
- to promote better, more informed relations between insurers and their customers,
- to maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry,
- to provide fair and effective mechanisms for resolving complaints consumers make about insurers, and
- to promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
The Code Governance Committee is an independent body that monitors and enforces insurers’ compliance with the Code.
More information about the General Insurance Code of Practice and the Code Governance Committee can be found at