We will advise you what further documentation is required so we can process your claim as quickly as possible. We will arrange for an assessor to visit your home where necessary and arrange for a repairer or replacement providers to provide quotations for your damaged items.
When destruction, loss or damage occurs to any item of your Contents, we will do one of the following:
- Replace the item with the nearest equivalent new item; or
- Repair the item to the condition it was in at the time immediately before it was destroyed, lost or damaged; or
- Pay you the cost of replacement or repair. We will decide which one we will do.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A MOTOR CLAIM
- Please make sure you and anyone traveling in your car is safe. If anyone is hurt call 000 immediately.
- Move your car to a safe location if you can but do not leave the scene. If your car cannot be safely driven we can arrange to have your car towed to a safe location.
- If you are able to, take some photos of the incident, the location where it occurred including any lane markings, and of the damage to your and any other cars or property. This will assist in the progress of your claim.
- If another party is involved make sure to get as many details as possible including their name, address and their insurance details. If anyone saw the accident get their details also.
- Contact your broker to report your claim as soon as possible. If it is an emergency or if your car is not driveable, you can contact 1300 559 019 for immediate assistance and we will arrange to tow your car to a safe location.
As soon as your broker passes on the details to us we will lodge your claim and inform you and your broker of your claim number and the next steps required. If there is an excess you need to pay we will tell you.
IAL has a network of repairers we can recommend for you. You also have the right to choose your own repairer, however we may require a second quote from a repairer chosen by us. In either case we will work closely with the repairer to ensure the best repair outcome for your car.
We will then choose (subject to any relevant Policy limits) to:
- Authorise the repairs at your repairer of choice; or
- Pay you the reasonable cost of repairing your Vehicle; or
- Move your Vehicle to a repairer we both agree will repair your Vehicle. In the instance that we both agree to move your Vehicle we will provide you with a rental car for up to 3 days in addition to any other benefit provided under your Policy.