Who is IAL?
IAL provides comprehensive Home, Motor & Landlord Insurance products exclusively through our preferred distribution partners. IAL is proudly backed by Insurance Australia Group (IAG) - the largest general Insurer in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. Last year, IAG insured over $2 trillion worth of assets, collected $11.4 billion in premiums and paid out almost $9 billion in claims.
Our Products range includes:
- Home Insurance (Accidental Damage, Listed Events and Listed Events Base)
- Multi Motor Insurance (Comprehensive and Third Party products) with up to 10 vehicles on the one policy.
- Landlord Insurance (Accidental Damage and Listed Events products)
- In April 2015, IAL started our business in Australia, originally as Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Australia (BHIA) – a of the Berkshire Hathaway Group of Insurance companies
- In June 2015, the BHIA business was transferred to IAG, pursuant to one of the largest reinsurance transactions in financial services history
- From December 2015, all new policies have been underwritten and issued by Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 11 000 016 722 AFS Licence No. 227681)
- On March 15, 2017 – our new brand IAL was officially launched with policies underwritten and issued by Insurance Australia Limited (trading as IAL)
IAL has a culture of empowerment, innovation and responsiveness, while also having access to the support of one of Australia’s largest insurers. We pride ourselves on our lean operating model and agility. Customers and brokers have access to our most senior managers; and employees are empowered to respond swiftly to our business partners. We recognize that ongoing engagement with our customers is crucial to the success of our business. We use a combination of targeted analytics and real engagement with our customers to refine and continually improve our business offering and customer experience.
Insurance Australia Limited has a large and stable balance sheet that enables us to provide consistent capacity and innovative, tailored solutions, and provides our customers and brokers with the utmost confidence in our ability to pay claims.